Insurance Claims Specialist
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, June 3, 2023
Who is Autonomy?
We fundamentally believe everyone should have access to mobility that is free from debt and long-term commitment. We have created the quickest and easiest way to get into an electric vehicle. Autonomy was founded by auto retail and finance disruptors, Scott Painter and Georg Bauer, who pioneered the Car-as-a-Service (CaaS) and vehicle subscription categories. Autonomy is enabling vehicle subscriptions to become a mainstream and liberating alternative to traditional car buying or leasing.
What do we offer?
- Health, vision & dental benefits with fully-covered monthly premiums for you & any of your dependents
- 401k retirement program
- Generous PTO (paid time off)
- Company-provided lunch anytime you are at HQ
What impact will you have?
- You will help ensure we utilize our fleet to the fullest potential
What will you be responsible for?
- Collaborate with insurance companies to initiate and manage claims for vehicle collisions, ensuring timely processing and resolution
- Coordinate with collision centers and negotiate repair estimates to ensure cost-effective repairs without compromising quality
- Establish and maintain relationships with a network of reliable collision repair centers to facilitate efficient repairs
- Communicate with customers, insurance adjusters, and collision repair centers to provide updates on repair status and estimated completion times
- Ensure all necessary documentation, including insurance claims forms and repair authorizations, are completed accurately and submitted in a timely manner
- Manage repair timelines and prioritize repairs based on vehicle availability and customer needs
- Monitor repair costs and work closely with insurance companies to control expenses and minimize out-of-pocket costs
- Conduct quality inspections on completed repairs to ensure they meet company standards and customer satisfaction
- Stay updated on industry trends, insurance policies, and repair techniques to continuously improve the repair process and reduce costs
- Maintain accurate records of repair histories, costs, and insurance claims for reporting and analysis purposes
Who will be successful in this role?
- Previous experience in collision repair coordination, insurance claims management, or a related field is highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of insurance policies, claims processes, and collision repair procedures
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills to effectively work with insurance adjusters, collision centers, and customers
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple repair projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on accuracy and efficiency
- Proficiency in using software applications and tools for documentation and communication purposes
- Familiarity with electric vehicles and their unique repair requirements is a plus
NextCar Holding Company, Inc. (“Autonomy”) is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It's Autonomy's policy to provide equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person will be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sex, medical condition (as defined by California law and which includes pregnancy or childbirth), national origin, age, physical or mental disability, political activity or affiliation, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other legally protected status where there is no bona fide occupational qualification or legitimate business reason for the differing treatment. In addition, Autonomy prohibits harassment on any of the bases listed above or any other characteristics protected under federal, state or local laws. Autonomy is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.
If you are a California resident, please see our CCPA Privacy Notice.