Photo & Digital Asset Manager
About Radical Share:
Radical Share is a digital marketing agency that specializes in finding the most exciting and buzzworthy ways to integrate brands into pop-culture. We work with brands like NECA, Kidrobot, Yummy World, WizKids, Rubie’s Costumes, Chia Pet, Denuo Novo, Costumes.com, and more. Our partners have incredible fandoms, and our mission is to design the best creative and experiences possible to generate growth. Radical Share is a fully remote organization, with team members based throughout the country.
We are looking for a passionate Photographer (located in New Jersey) to capture our epic figures and collectibles on film, and to act as the Digital Asset Manager, accountable for cataloging, distributing, and maintaining digital assets daily. The successful candidate will be able to achieve technical, qualitative, and quantitative goals while meeting project needs and deadlines. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment. Someone willing to jump in and be resourceful and creative when there’s a roadblock, and who will take the initiative to make improvements to processes where needed.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the in-house photography workflow with all project managers, brand, marketing, community, and product creative team stakeholders to ensure all products are photographed and properly archived in a timely manner.
- Responsible for staging photographs: The photographer obtains the product and any necessary ancillary elements (such as mannequins or a backdrop) and sets up lighting for a photoshoot. Depending on the products involved, the shoot could be outdoors or indoors and take place in a studio or in the field.
- Use and maintain modern and traditional technical equipment (cameras, lenses, etc)
- Recruit and direct models and give direction to shoot poses that don’t look posed.
- Shoot Photographs: Once the necessary elements are in place, the product photographer takes a large volume of photos, seeking to present the product in an accurate and appealing way. This process can be quite static or involve models or changes to the staging.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with clipping and retouching vendors on specs, hand-off of assets, and ensure designs are free of errors and of top quality
- Responsible for post-production and clean-up of all photo assets not processed through retouching vendors - primarily lifestyle or adding special effects
- Maintains daily assigned workflow and deliver pieces as required by assigned deadlines
- Conduct the daily administration, management, and improvement of the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system
- Developing and advocating best practices as they apply to digital asset management across all team members.
- Assist the creative team with daily ingestion of assets including the addition of metadata to the DAM and archiving of assets
- Self-motivated and resourceful in finding creative solutions with given constraints
- Be an independent creative thinker. Not every shoot will have a creative brief, so you’ll need to be able to take charge and be your own art director at times.
- Be open to change, in both project direction and workflow in a quickly evolving environment
- Don’t be too precious about your work. Recognize that sometimes snapping a shot on your phone and slacking it over to the marketing team is the best solution to business needs.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver in a timely manner
- Detail-oriented nature to ensure high-quality output with no errors
- Excellent team spirit and the willingness to prioritize the team’s success over other agenda
Skills & Qualifications:
- BFA in graphic design or related field.
- Profuse knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Digital and print production experience a plus.
If you feel that the position of Photographer & Digital Asset Manager is a good match for you, please be sure to submit your resume to us today for immediate consideration.